Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics. This movie comes under the banner of Marvel Studios and the intro of Marvel Studios is enough to drive its fans crazy. There has been a total of two Ant-Man movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and this would be the third one. The first part was released in 2015 and Ant-Man returned with a sequel in 2018.
The movie covers the story of a thief, Scott Lang who turned into a superhero. It depicted his dedication and determination in making himself the perfect Ant-Man. Ant-Man is a person who with the help of a technological suit can get the powers of ants and navigate his physical body through various sizes. The two movies covered the adventures of Ant-Man and later related the character to Marvel’s Avengers.
Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania Release Date
Ant-Man was last seen in the movie Avengers: Endgame and the fans are eagerly waiting for Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania to release. The movie is all set to release on February 17, 2023. This movie will come under phase four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania was scheduled to release earlier but due to Covid, the production and filming of this movie got postponed. Thus, the release was delayed.
Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania Cast and Characters
Marvel has officially announced the cast of Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania. The movie retains most of its characters from the previous films with some new faces being introduced. The cast members consist of –
- Paul Rudd portrayed the character of Scott Lang / Ant-Man. Scott was initially a thief who got released from prison recently. He then worked on a suit with Dr. Hank Pym. The suit made Scott shrink and enlarge his physical body. It also gave him super strengths and athletic capabilities. He also had the ability to communicate to ants via this suit.
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / The Wasp. Hope was Scott’s partner. She was the daughter of Dr. Hank Pym. Like, Scott she also took up a suit that belonged to her mother. Her suit was named The Wasp Mantle. Her character was also showcased as her love interest Scott.
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym. Hank Pym was the one who created the suit of Ant-Man and The Wasp. He was a former S.H.I.E.L.D agent and was the founder of Pym Particles. He helped Scott to gain control over his suit.
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne. Janet was Hank’s wife and Hope’s mother. She was the original Wasp and later her daughter, Hope took her suit. She was lost in the Quantum Realm for 30 years and returned back to the normal world at the end of Ant-Man and The Wasp.
- Abby Ryder Fortson as Young Cassie Lang. Cassie was Scott’s daughter who lived with her mother and stepdad.
- Kathryn Newton as Cassie Lang. Kathryn will portray the character of teenage Cassie in Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania. In Avengers:Endamge, the character of teen Cassie was played by someone else but Marvel has officially annoucned that Kathryn will take Cassie further in MCU.
- Jonathan Majors as Kang The Conqueror. Kang will be depicted as an alternate timeline variant of He Who Remains, the founder of Time Variance Authority. He Who Remains was introduced in the first season of Loki.
- Bill Murray as the Villain of Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania. There is not much information about this character as of now.
Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania Plot Speculation
Following the events of Avenger: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, we can assume that Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania will explore more of Scott Lang’s life after the blip.
In Endgame, Scott returned from the quantum realm, and with the help of The Avengers, he cracked time travel under quantum physics. The story of Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania could drive us more into the quantum realm.
Meanwhile, it would also illustrate the struggles of Scott Lang to adapt to his surroundings. His daughter, Casey has grown up while he was in the quantum realm. The last time when he saw her, she was a kid.
The new story could also depict the relationship between Scott and Hope. Hope, Hank and Janet have returned after five years due to the blip. Janet was just rescued out of the quantum realm and was blipped. Marvel hasn’t showcased much of her character to us yet. Maybe Janet could play a significant role in Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania.
Hank believed in the quantum realm as a curse but it would be interesting to see his reactions to how The Avengers rescued everyone via time travel through the quantum realm. It would be fascinating to see Hank and Janet work in a world where nobody knows better than them.
Marvel has not released the synopsis of Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania yet. Till then we can only predict the storyline of the future of Ant-Man.
Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania Trailer
There is no official information regarding the trailer release of Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania. Marvel generally drops its trailer or teasers at the end-credits scenes of their movies.
Looking at the pattern in which Marvel releases its trailers. We can expect that the post-credit scenes of Thor Love and Thunder could give us a teaser or sneak peek into the movie Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania. Till then we can only wait for the trailer to release.
Where To watch Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania
Marvel Entertainment is usually distributed by Walt Disney Studios. Thus, both the parts of Ant-Man are available to stream on Disney Plus. And we can hope that Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumanis will also be released on Disney Plus only.
The second part of the movie, Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania is also available to buy from Apple TV +.