If you aren’t already watching it, we suggest you tune in now. The Big Sky Season 3 is ready to roll and here are all the latest updates regarding the show.
This American Crime Drama, laced with both humor and mystery, is about two female detectives who, like the previous two seasons, solve crimes by following clues and attempting to track down the villains. Read on to find out more details about it.
Big Sky Season 3 Storyline
With bestsellers like “Joe Pickett,” which is also being turned into a TV series, and “Off the Grid” in his kitty, noted author C.J. Box is the author of “The Highway” series, on which the Big Sky series is based.
Season 1 of the show was created by David E. Kelley, who is known for “Big Little Lies.” Season 1 of the show premiered on November 17, 2020. In May 2021, the series was renewed for a second season that premiered on September 30, 2021.
After two successful seasons, it is now back with the third season which is titled “Deadly Trails.”
Jenny, who’s now a deputy detective, partners up with Beau, the new sheriff, to track down a murderer, whereas Cassie is suddenly called to investigate a backpacker that’s gone missing and leads to a mountainous mystery for our duo.
Jenny sees a past connection, and Beau’s daughter Emily starts another dangerous investigation on her own. The missing Sunny has her demons to hide and, with new secrets being unraveled, our two detectives learn that there is more to what meets the eye and shocking evidence comes out as another goes missing and another murder is discovered.
Big Sky Season 3 Cast
- Jenny Hoyt, an ex-cop and Cody Hoyt’s ex-wife, was played by Katheryn Winnick.
- The character of Cody Hoyt, featured only in season 1, was played by Ryan Phillipe and was a troubled former cop who runs his detective agency, ‘Dewell and Hoyt’. Jenny sometimes does freelance work for her husband’s agency, despite their divorce.
- The other partner in the agency is Cassie Dewell, who’s a private detective and also Cody’s romantic partner.
- Other cast members of the show include Ronald Pergman (seasons 1-2), who’s a long-haul trucker involved in many unsolved kidnappings, played by Brian Geraghty.
- Dedee Pfeiffer plays Denise Brisbane, the receptionist for the Dewell & Hoyt agency who helps our protagonists by doing background research.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler plays Tonya Walsh
- J. Anthony Pena as Deputy Mo Poppernak
- Jensen Ackles as Sheriff Beau Arlen
- The recurring character Buck Barnes is played by Rex Linn.
- Country music legends Reba McEntire and Rosanna Arquette appear as Sunny Barnes and Gigi Cessna, respectively, in Season 3.
Big Sky Season 3 Plot
It’s an American crime drama thriller based on The Highways. It’s about two female detectives who race against time to catch the kidnapper of two twins and later get to know that many other girls have disappeared in a region in Montana. They chase down the killer as time trickles down before another woman falls victim to it in season 1.
After Ronald’s escape, Cassie busies herself with work; Jenny decides to rejoin the force as a deputy detective after being shot. Both then take the case of Tonya going missing, searching hard for clues and finding many unexpected clues that bring in more twists. Tonya tried hard to gain Ren’s trust, but Cassie was suspicious of her.
Travis and Jenny’s love makes some progress with all the heart vs. mind going on, and Travis struggles to manage his double life while Jenny tries to save him from it. Cassie’s quest for justice changes its course.
“Why does it feel like the monsters always win even when we get them?”
Season 3 will see our heroes get more confused as Sunny Barnes goes missing suddenly on a backpacking trip. But she has a very big secret that she tries to hide from everyone. Her daughter, Emily, will start investigating the disappearances, putting herself in a precarious position.
Surprising twists and turns await Jenny, Beau, and Cassie, who discover shocking intel from unexpected locations. More backpackers from Sunny Day Excursion go missing, and we discover that there’s a much darker mystery and crime that awaits the detectives.
The murder of another woman in Helena in her backyard is a shocking revelation and a lot of family drama follows. We can’t wait to see what the last 3 episodes bring and how the story ties up in the end.
Big Sky Season 3 Release Date
Big Sky Season 3 has already been released, much to the delight of fans of the series.
Season 1 had 16 episodes and Season 2 had 18 episodes in return. Season 3, which already began premiering this fall on September 21, 2022, will have half the number of episodes as compared to Season 1, which is 8. The pilot episode was titled “Do you love an apple?” The last episode to air was Episode 5, which aired on October 19, 2022. It was titled “Flesh and Blood”.
The sixth episode will air on October 26, and the final episode of the show will air sometime toward the end of 2022. There has been no official confirmation from the creators’ side about whether there will be a fourth season or not. So we can only speculate about it for now.
Where to Watch Big Sky Season 3?
Follow Cinesays for more entertainment news!