Diary of a Future President Season 3 is created by Ilana Peña, who is emotionally connected to the story and views it as a tribute to her younger self, who the protagonist draws some inspiration from. It is the story of the everyday struggle of an ambitious young woman who wants to be president someday.
It reflects our own passions and ambitions as we go through life having some goal in mind, only Elana is dedicated and emotionally connected to her goals. This makes her journey moving for those who have lost hope or want some inspiration in their lives. She is not motivated by any corrupted desire but genuinely wishes to help people and society, this can also be seen in her struggles to fit in and maintain her position in her family.
Diary Of A Future President Season 3 Storyline
The first season follows a determined Elena trying to lead society and her school for the greater good, and for her family. Elena’s family is in the midst of many changes due to old and emerging relationships. The characters and relationships of Elena’s mother Gabi and other characters in the story as well-crafted and avoid cliches and tropes, this makes the series more interesting and complex, and realistic.
The story is very inspirational and family-friendly, one can have multiple takeaways from this currently 2 Season saga, about how to conduct oneself, how to balance work and family life, how to set boundaries, and be open and upfront about your feelings.
Diary Of A Future President Season 3 Cast
- Tess Romero as Elena Cañero-Reed
- Gina Rodriguez as Future Elena Cañero-Reed
- Selenis Leyva as Gabriela “Gabi” Cañero-Reed
- Charlie Bushnell as Roberto “Bobby” Cañero-Reed
- Michael Weaver as Sam Faber
- Carmina Garay as Sasha
- Sanai Victoria as Melissa
- Jessica Marie Garcia as Camila
- Harmeet Pandey as Jessica
- Avantika Vandanapu as Monyca
- Brandon Severs as Liam
- Nathan Arenas as Danny
Diary Of A Future President Season 3 Plot
The series has various talented actors who are widely liked by the audience and are already known for their other projects, the series is one of Disney Plus’s best creations as a new platform and hopefully their trajectory to success.
It features a realistic plot where the characters suffer from everyday problems making the show relatable and reminiscent to our daily lives, it also portrays a happy family and how the siblings and parents as a whole navigate their professional or personal lives, supporting each other throughout.
Diary Of A Future President Season 3 Release Date
Seasons 1 and 2 ran, were filmed, and released through a global pandemic, which stands as an achievement of its own. Both seasons feature the struggles, challenges, and growth of the Cañero-Reed family in various settings, school, work, and family combined, with a focus on Elana’s ambition to do something good for society.
Season 1 was criticized as impersonal and non-engaging however it really picked up when more relatable elements were introduced and Elana and her family and friends made a place in our hearts. It was notified in December 2021 that the series Season 3 is canceled, so it will not be coming out anytime soon.
Diary Of A Future President Season 3 Previous Season Recap
Season 2 follows Elena’s journey more closely. She finally gets the school mascot changed but finds public opinion going against her. She also faces various problems like getting a lower grade on a test and organizing campaigns for being elected to the school. If season 3 is released it will track her journey to becoming the president more closely, her accomplishments and failures, and what she’s learned from her journey.
Diary Of A Future President Season 3 Important Characters
- Future Elena plays an important role in Season 2 compared to a minuscule coverage in Season 1, she acts as an advisor in present-day Elena’s mind and maps out for the viewer, Elena’s journey forward to becoming the U.S president.
- Elena herself keeps making mistakes throughout the 2 seasons, and for good reason, mapping the learning steps and character development of Elena is central to the plot of the show, and the journey of her finally becoming President as well.
- Jessica had a chaotic journey in season one and wasn’t as prominent a character in Season 2 mainly seen having a reunion with her former friends and having a good time with Elena.
- Gabi is Elena’s mother, her role in the story is well defined and her character development can also be seen throughout the seasons, through overcoming the loss of her former husband and getting invested in a relationship with her new boyfriend.
- Camila is Gabi’s precious friend and cheerleader throughout her journey, she also helps Gabi gather up the courage to move in with Sam.
- Bobby has a major role to play in the first Season as he navigated his problems with possible feelings towards one of his male friends, he also acts as a supportive brother to Elena, advising and helping her through her dilemmas.
- Sasha is extremely caring and wants to spend more time with Elena, she is light-hearted, social able, fun, and everything that you’d want in a friend.
- Melissa has a redemption arc in Season 2, and she becomes a friend to Elena, which contrasted with her role as an abrasive and evil teen in Season 1.
- Sam acts like a responsible and ideal parent, as well as a good husband, and eventually comes to play an important role in the family, contrasted with the usual stereotypical display of step-parents in the series, this makes his character even more lovable.
- Liam is a kind and generous character who looks out for his friends, it is also highlighted that Bobby started developing a romantic attraction toward him.
Diary Of A Future President Season 3 Genre
The series is a comedy-drama.
Where To Watch Diary Of A Future President Season 3?
The series is available to stream on Disney+ and allied streaming services such as Hulu and Hotstar.
Follow Cinesays for more updates.