Comedy fans will agree that Napoleon Dynamite is golden in terms of comedy. The 2004 film Napoleon Dynamite, which was directed by Jared Hess, tells the strange and comical tale of a jock teenager named Napoleon, who is portrayed by Jon Heder.
In the film Napoleon Dynamite, the main character Heder is from Idaho and was raised in a middle-class home together with his equally quirky brother, whose life is focused on online forums. Jon Heder’s character is particularly hilarious to those viewers who are well versed in geek culture or consider themselves to be a nerd.
Napoleon Dynamite Cast
- Jon Heder as Napoleon Dynamite
- Jon Gries as Uncle Rico
- Aaron Ruell as Kip
- Efren Ramirez as Pedro
- Diedrich Bader as Rex
- Tina Majorino as Deb
- Sandy Martin as Grandma
- Haylie Duff as Summer Wheatly
About Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon, a socially awkward adolescent, is followed throughout the course of the movie as he navigates the relationships he encounters while in high school. The frequently horrifying struggles of adolescence are not a new theme in the film. But Hess was able to modernize this common story with a variety of whimsical touches.
There are numerous elements in Napoleon Dynamite that distinguish it and make it memorable. Heder and his new companion Pedro, played by Efren Ramirez, both give performance levels that carry a lot of weight and were probably one of the reasons for their success. The way they portray their characters is unforgettable and occasionally painful as it should be.
Heder’s ungainly jogging gait and half-glazed facial expressions contribute to his lovable personality. Along with the excellent acting, Munn Powell’s cinematography completely captures these personalities and allows them to express themselves. Munn and Ernest Dickerson from Do the Right Thing clearly use shots that accentuate the interior monologues of the characters, despite the fact that the monologues are very diverse.
Where Was Napoleon Dynamite Filmed?
Fans that are curious about the locations they chose for Napoleon Dynamite will find the answers to their question of where Napoleon Dynamite was filmed here.
Napoleon Dynamite was filmed in various locations in Idaho and Utah, if there’s one thing you need to know about the location. To view the film in the real world, you can go to either of those two locations.
The town where almost all of the Napoleon Dynamite locations can be found is situated on Highway 91, at the Utah border.
It is also roughly around 100 miles north of Salt Lake City. And if you want to know the exact town it is, it’s Preston, in Idaho.
The city has created a map that shows all the places for those who are particularly passionate about the film’s iconic settings. There is a map of Napoleon’s Preston known as the Sweet map.
Napoleon Dynamite’s House
- The house where Napoleon lives in, with his Grandma and his brother Kip, is located at 1447 East 800 North Road, which is towards the Northeast of the town in Preston, Idaho.
This home was used to film both the outside and interior home scenes; you can stop by to take a look because it’s so simple to find and well-known.
Napoleon Dynamite High School
- Many of the movie’s scenes are shot at Preston High School, which is located at 151 East 200 South in Preston.
Since this school is still in operation today, you could easily visit both the outside and the inside, and you could even stroll the halls, just as Napoleon Dynamite did in the movie. All of the school scenes for Napoleon Dynamite were filmed at the main entrance to Preston High School.
Napoleon Dynamite Other Locations
Several more homes in Preston are highlighted during the filming of Napoleon Dynamite, focusing on various characters and crucial moments in the larger story.
- The first is the residence of Pedro, the newcomer to the area. Napoleon famously tries to climb onto Pedro’s Sledgehammer bike in front of this house. The address is 59 South 2nd East.
- Summer Wheatley lives in the second house, where Pedro leaves a homemade cake for her. 3384 South Parkinson Road is the address of this home.
- The character Trisha resides in the third house that was used for filming in Preston town. It is located at 253 South 2600 East in Preston.
- This place shows up when Napoleon brings her a portrait in an effort to convince her to go to prom with him.
- The store where Napoleon buys his outfit is the last significant location we wanted to include in this piece. Its address is 36 South State Street and it is known as the Deseret Industries Thrift Shop.
- The character Trisha resides in the third house that was used for filming in Preston town. This place shows up when Napoleon brings her a portrait in an effort to convince her to go to prom with him. It is located at 253 South 2600 East in Preston.
- The store where Napoleon buys his outfit is the last significant location we wanted to include in this piece. Fun fact: The majority of the movie’s outfit was purchased from this shop! Its address is 36 South State Street and it is known as the Deseret Industries Thrift Shop.
Napoleon Dynamite Tralier
Napoleon Dynamite Where To Watch?
Do Follow CineSays for more