Plunderer is a Japanese anime series based on the manga series of the same title which is written and illustrated by Suu Minazuki. The series was adapted by Geek Toys. It was aired on January 8th and ran till June 24th, 2020. The series was acquired by Funimation for distribution. Fans of this show are eagerly waiting for the release of Plunderer Season 2.
The first season had 24 episodes that were almost 22 minutes long. The show was a great success and received lots of attention and love across the globe.
After binge-watching the show, people have been waiting for the upcoming season eagerly. Fans are more than thrilled about this new season. If you are wondering when will Plunderer Season 2 release and what will happen in this season, then keep reading!
Plunderer Season 2 Storyline
In a world dominated by the “numbers”, each human has their identity branded with their “count”. It’s the year 305 of the Althea calendar and Hina is in a mission to search the Legendary Red Baron. She meets Licht Bach who is determined to find Red Baron as well. The series show the journey of this forced duo as they look for Baron.
Plunderer Season 2 Cast
There hasn’t been any announcement related to the cast for the Plunderer Season 2 but here’s a list of possible cast:
- Licht Bach/ Rihito Sakai voiced by Yoshiki Nakajima (Japanese); Eric Vale (English)
- Hina Farrow voiced by Rina Honnizumi (Japanese); Sarah Wiedenheft (English)
- Lynn May voiced by Ari Ozawa (Japanese); Elizabeth Maxwell (English)
- Pele Poporo/Gespenst Zerlegen voiced by Aoi Ichikawa (Japanese); Austin Tindle (English)
- Jail Murdoch voiced by Yūichirō Umehara (Japanese); David Matranga (English)
- Nana Bassler voiced by Shizuka Itō(Japanese); Caitlin Glass (English)
- Mizuka Sonohara voiced by Aoi Yūki (Japanese); Alexis Tipton (English)
- Alexandrov Grigorovich / Alan voiced by Hiroki Tōchi (Japanese); David Wald (English)
- Schmerman Bach voiced by Toshihiko Seki (Japanese); Jason Liebrecht (English)
- Firenda voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi (Japanese); Jad Saxton (English)
- Taketora Doan voiced by Satoshi Hino (Japanese); Tyson Rinehart (English)
- Tokikaze Sakai coiced by Kaito Ishikawa (Japanese); Ricco Fajardo (English)
- Saki Ichinose voiced by Miyu Kubota (Japanese); Jill Harris (English)
- Genji Akui voiced by Yohei Azakami (Japanese); Ian Sinclair (English)
- Kyouhei Suda voiced by Tomohito Takatsuka (Japanese); Josh Grelle (English)
- Asumi Sumiya voiced by Yukimi Hayase (Japanese); Amanda Lee (English)
- Kyouka Narumiya voiced by Tamaki Orie (Japanese); Leah Clark (English)
A few characters other than these might also show up in Plunderer Season 2.
Plunderer Season 2 Plot
The series is set in a dystopian world where everyone has a number. There are numbers for all the actions people have done throughout their life that give them plus points but there’s more. If new points aren’t collected over time, the existing points of these people are deleted one by one till it becomes zero. The points becoming zero is similar to dying in this world.
At her mother’s request, Hina sets out to find the legendary Red Baron. Hina is a traveller whose count is made according to the distance she has travelled. In her journey, she meets a half-masked swordsman Licht Bach who is degenerate for having a low Count. He tries to hide his identity for Hina. Later, Hina finds out that he is one of the Legendary Aces she was looking for.
We also see Licht, Hina and their allies planning to gather the original ballots and reach the wall of paradise with the majority votes.
There is no official brief for Plunderer Season 2 as of now. We cannot predict an exact plot for Plunderer Season 2 without any official news or information. We can only speculate Plunderer Season 2 storyline is based on the previous season.
Plunderer Season 2 Release Date
Plunderer Season 2 doesn’t have an official date of release but it’s expected to release by the end of 2022. Fans are eagerly waiting for the next season. Plunderer Season 2 will most likely pick up from where it ended in the last episode of the previous season. It will be adapted from Volume 10 Chapter 38 of the manga.
Plunderer Season 2 would have been released in 2021 but due to the pandemic, it was delayed. Hopefully, by the end of 2022, we will get to see our favourite characters on screens in Plunderer Season 2.
Plunderer Season 2 Previous Season Recap
The first season of Plunderer covered the content of the manga series from volume 1 to volume 9. We see Hina, the main character set on a journey to find Red Baron. In her quest, she meets a masked man, Licht Bach who has a negative count. The narrative takes place in a dystopian world where everybody has a “number” and “counts”. Once the count reaches zero, the person is sent to hell which is considered even worse than death.
The next season will obviously resume from where it ended on Hina’s and Licht’s journey.
Where To Watch Plunderer Season 2?
Funimation streamed the series in English-speaking regions. In Australia and New Zealand, it was streamed on AnimeLab. It premiered the first two episodes of the series on YouTube in the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand on 8th December 2019. The series was also streamed on Hulu TV and Netflix in several countries around the world.