School Babysitters is an animated series adapted from a Japanese Manga Series written by Hari Tokein and published by Kahusensha. It was released through a span of twenty-two volumes. Brain’s Base adapted this Japanese manga and made a 12-episode anime television series which aired between January 2018 and March 2018. It’s been more than four years since the release of the first season and the fans are still waiting for the release of School Babysitters Season 2.
The story of School Babysitters revolved around two brothers. After the sudden demise of their parents both the boys were left orphaned and homeless. Ryūichi Kashima was a high school student and his younger brother, Kotarō was just a toddler. The boys were taken care of by the chairwoman of a prestigious academy who took the expenses of their shelter and tuition but in exchange wanted Ryuichi to babysit at the school’s daycare centre.
School Babysitters is a mood lifter and comedy show. It is purely based on the theme of enjoyment and this is the reason why the fans want School Babysitters Season 2. This article will cover every detail and information you need related to the release of School Babysitters Season 2.
School Babysitters Season 2 Release Date
As of now, the makers have not announced anything related to the renewal status of School Babysitters Season 2. We are not sure whether the anime television series might return or not.
There is a lot of scripting material available to adapt from Japanese Manga. School Babysitters Season 2 could be considered looking at the fame and success of the first season. Until then, we can only hope for School Babysitters Season 2 to release soon.
School Babysitters Season 2 Cast and Characters
The official cast for School Babysitters Season 2 is not announced but we can assume that most of the characters would be retained from the first season of this anime television series. The cast and characters of School Babysitters Season 1 are –
- Ryūichi Kashima voiced by Kōtarō Nishiyama. Ryuichi and his brother lost their parents in an aeroplane crash. Both of them were left orphaned and homeless. He loved his brother and could do anything for him. The cost of their shelter and tuition fee was taken care of by the chairwoman of a prestigious academy but in exchange she wanted Ryuichi to babysit toddlers at the school’s daycare centre.
- Kotarō Kashima voiced by Nozomi Furuki. He was the younger brother of Ryuichi Kashima. He was just a preschooler when his parents died. He deeply loved his elder brother and stayed glued to him. He was taken care of at the babysitter club and got along with the other kids of his age.
- Yōko Morinomiya voiced by Tomoko Miyadera. She was the chairwoman of the Morinomiya Academy. She lost her son and daughter-in-law in the same plane crash in which Kotaro’s and Ryuichi’s parents died. She decided to take care of both the boys when she witnessed them during the funeral. She brought the condition for Ryuichi to work at the babysitter club and take care of the children. Her character was mostly shown as strict but the show also revealed her softer side.
- Maria Inomata voiced by Satomi Akesaka. Maria was a student at the Morinomiya Academy. She also gave her time babysitting at the daycare. She found it difficult to openly interact with people. She was really sensitive but the children liked her. She even developed a crush on Ryuichi.
- Hayato Kamitani voiced by Yuichiro Umehara. He was also a student at the Morinomiya Academy. His father was a science teacher at the school. He befriended Ryuichi and was often seen hanging out with him. He soon became the closest friend of Ryuichi. He deeply cared for his younger brother but never accepted it publicly.
- Chukichi Nezu voiced by Motohiro Ōta. He was Ryuichi’s schoolmate and looked like a nerd. He worked part-time as a babysitter at the school’s daycare centre.
Apart from these characters, we also expect that some parents and toddlers might also return to School Babysitters Season 2. A few of the teachers of the Morinomiya Academy could also mark their return in School Babysitters Season 2.
School Babysitters Season 2 Plot Speculation
The first season of this anime television series started with an emotional note but progressed comically through the course of 12 episodes. It is a delight-worthy watch for those who are looking for a mood-lifting anime.
The show portrayed to us the story of two brothers who lost their parents in an accident and were left orphaned and homeless. The two were later given shelter and education but on a condition. The condition was the incident that led to the various events of this anime television series.
Ryuichi was seen developing an emotional bond with all children at the babysitter club of Morinomia Academy. It also showcased various other characters at the babysitter club other than Ryuichi. It illustrated the struggles of taking care of a kid and indeed gave comic relief through the toddlers.
There was no room left for School Babysitters Season 2 at the end of the first season. It ended on a good note and there was nothing left to be shown in the second season.
We can assume that School Babysitters Season 2 might come up with a new story. We have already seen Ryuichi babysitting, maybe it could come up with some new kids at the babysitters club. It could also portray us as mature Ryuichi and an elder Kotaro.
Without any official synopsis or brief of School Babysitters Season 2, we can only predict the story based on the assumptions from the previous seasons.
School Babysitters Season 2 Trailer
The renewal status of School Babysitters Season 2 is still not announced. We don’t know the exact date when the trailer for the upcoming season of this anime television series. Without any precise detail, we can only hope for School Babysitters Season 2 Trailer to release soon.
Where to watch School Babysitters?
The first season of School Babysitters is available to stream only on Crunchyroll. We expect that School Babysitters Season 2 might initially be broadcast on a television channel and later premiere on a streaming platform.