Teasing Master Takagi-San Season 3, anime series is based on the manga of the same title written and illustrated by Soichiro Yamamoto. The first season of the aforementioned series premiered in 2018, created by Shin-Ei Animation. The second season was released the following year in 2019.
This anime series revolves around two young friends Takagi and Nishikata. Anime has already gained a huge fan base worldwide but what’s special about this series is that it has the best-friends-to-lovers trope which is obviously everybody’s favorite! Here’s everything you need to know about the show!
Teasing Master Takagi-San Season 3 Storyline
The show revolves around two best friends Nishikata and Takagi who are in middle school. It shows their relationship develops into something more as they spend time together.
Teasing Master Takagi-San Season 3 Cast
The main cast of the show includes:
- Takagi was voiced by Rie Takahashi [Japanese]; Sarah Wiedenheft and Kayli Mills [English]
- Nishikata is voiced by Yuki Kaji [Japanese]; Aaron Dismuke [English]
- Mina Hibino is voiced by Konomi Kohara [Japanese]; Leah Clark, Cassandra Lee Morris, Maggie Flecknoe [English]
- Yukari Tenkawa voiced by M.A.O. [Japanese]; Kristine McGuire, Erika Harlacher [English]
- Sanae Tsukimoto voiced by Yui Ogura [Japanese]; Kristi Rothrock, Sarah Anne Williams [English]
- Nakai voiced by Yuma Uchida [Japanese]; Chris Thurman, Zach Aguilar, James Marler [English]
- Mano voiced by Kotori Koiwai [Japanese]; Jad Saxton, Christine Marie Cabanos [English]
- Takao is voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto [Japanese]; Black Shepherd, Kyle McCarley [English]
- Kimura was voiced by Fukushi Ochiai [Japanese]; Jerry Jewell, Bryce Papenbrook [English]
- Mr. Tanabe is voiced by Hinata Tadokoro [Japanese]; Cris George, Patrick Seitz [English]
- Hamaguchi was voiced by Koki Uchiyama [Japanese]; Johnny Yong Bosch, Scott Gibbs [English]
- Houjou was voiced by Aoi Yuki [Japanese]; Abby Trott, Kira Vincent-Davis[English]
- Sumire Takagawa voiced by Madoka Asahina [Japanese]; Olivia Swasey [English]
- Chi Nishikata is voiced by Yume Miyamoto [Japanese]; Elissa Cuellar [English]
Teasing Master Takagi-San Season 3 Plot
The show revolves around Takagi and Nishikata, who are best friends in middle school. They spend every day together. Takagi knows Nishikata very well which means she plays pranks on him but he doesn’t mind. Slowly, their friendship develops into more.
Nishikata is a shy and anxious boy, constantly worrying about what others think about him. Takagi is a smart and confident girl. She is independent yet she always sticks by Nishikata’s side. She has a major crush on him but sadly, Nishikata is oblivious to her feelings.
Most of the duo’s story takes place in the school and other common places around the town. The story’s setting is based on the town of Tonosho in the Kagawa Prefecture. A few of the duo’s common friends- Mina, Yukari, Sanae, Nakai, and Mano also appear in their story.
Teasing Master Takagi-San Season 3 Release Date
The first two seasons were released in 2018 and 2019. It can be assumed that the pandemic caused the delay of the third season.
Recently, the first official trailer was released for the third season, giving a sneak peek at new episodes. It was also revealed that a new film will follow the series which might end up connecting the past and future of our favorite duo in a concrete way.
The third season was released on 8th January 2022 and ended on 26th March 2022. This season had 12 episodes in total.
In 2021, the series even won the 66th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shonen category.
Teasing Master Takagi-San Season 3 Previous Season Recap
After the first two seasons, the third season brings us more drama between Nishikata and Takagi. The trailer showed us the duo was enjoying a summer festival. Yet the question remains, do they have what it takes to get their relationship to the next level? In case you are asking yourself that same question, we might have a few answers for you.
The first season showed the playful relationship between Nishikata and Takagi. Takagi was seen teasing and pulling pranks on Nishikata who endures all of it. It was followed by the second season which showed some major developments. We saw the duo holding hands, intentionally for the first time. The pair even went on a date!
The third season finishes on a strong note with a special White Day story which is rare to actually see on any screen. The episode starts with a reminder of Hamaguchi’s challenge to Nishikata to confess his love to Takagi on White Day. Nishikata takes the challenge to heart. He later begins to ponder on his relationship with Takagi and the nature of his feelings towards her.
The ending of the third season is truly touching in the way it depicts that Nishikata and Takagi, though never confessed their feelings verbally, are aware of it. The season was brought to a full circle and confirmed that the two are really meant to be together.
Where To Watch Teasing Master Takagi-San Season 3?
Teasing Master Takagi-San is available on Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Netflix.
Also read Take Two Season 2 and Death March To The Parallel World Rhapsody Season 2