Avatar also known as The Legend of Korra is an American anime-influenced animated television series. This action and adventure show was created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko for Nickelodeon. This series was a sequel to the previous series, Avatar: The Last Airbender created by the same creators. Avatar: The Legend of Korra has a total of four seasons and is all set for The Legend of Korra Season 5.
This show shares a lot of references with its predecessor. It is set in a fictional universe where certain characters can bend or manipulate water, earth, fire and air. The one who can bend all the four elements is known as the Avatar. Avatar is responsible for maintaining the balance in the world.
This science-fiction fantasy was critically acclaimed worldwide for its impressive writing and screenplay. It depicted various social and political issues. The first season was aired in April 2012 and ended with season four in December 2014. They have named every season with a chapter. It’s been more than 7 years since we have seen Avatar: The Legend of Korra. Fans of this comedy-drama are impatiently anticipating the release of The Legend of Korra Season 5. This article will cover every detail you need to know about The Legend of Korra Season 5.
The Legend of Korra Season 5 Release Date
Unfortunately, due to the complications between Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, we don’t think that we might see The Legend of Korra Season 5. We still have a ray of hope that it might return at some point in time.
Without any official information, it is unreasonable to predict the release date of The Legend of Korra Season 5. However, Netflix has confirmed that there is a new series under production with the name Avatar: The Last Airbender. It is an action drama adapted from the animated series by Nickelodeon. The series was officially announced by Netflix in September 2018. This new show by Netflix is expected to release in early 2023.
Michael DiMartino ended the story of Avatar: The Legend of Korra through three novels. If The Legend of Korra Season 5 happens, then it will be based on the three novel series by DiMartino.
The Legend of Korra Season 5 Cast and Characters
The Legend of Korra can continue only with the same cast and characters. The Legend of Korra Season 5 cast may include –
- Avatar Korra voiced by Janet Varney. Korra is a hot-headed teenage girl. An athletic and confident girl who portrayed the role of Avatar in this action series. Korra’s role resembles the character of Aang from the original series but yet Korra was different. She was a complete inversion of peaceful Aang. Over the course of the series, Korra was seen fighting battles both outside and within herself.
- Naga voiced by Dee Bradley Baker. Naga was a female polar bear. Naga was the animal companion of Korra. Korra was the only one in her tribe to befriend a polar bear and use it as the main form of transportation.
- Mako voiced by David Faustino. Mako was an orphan who grew up on the streets of Republic City with his younger brother, Bolin. Mako’s character was serious and loyal. He was the love interest of Korra but they drew apart as the series preceded. In the latter of the series, Mako was seen as a brother figure to Korra and someone on whom she can always rely.
- Bolin voiced by P.J. Byrne. Bolin was Mako’s younger brother. He could bend one of the four elements, the Earth. His character was easy-going and optimistic. He was somewhat kind of naive.
- Asami Sato voiced by Seychelle Gabriel. Asami was the only non-bender in the Team Avatar. She came from a wealthy family and took over her father’s business after his sudden demise. She was a tech genius and had impressive combat skills. She invented various weapons, devices and modes of transportation for the team.
- Tenzin voiced by J.K. Simmons. Tenzin was the youngest child of Avatar Aang and Katara. He was the master of airbending technique and was determined to pass on the teachings and culture of Airbending. His character was calm, peaceful and spiritual.
- Jinora voiced by Kiernan Shipka. She was the eldest daughter of Tenzin and Pema. She also possessed the qualities of an Airbender like her father. She was also able to communicate with the spirits. She was Korra’s guide in the Spirit World.
The Legend of Korra Season 5 Previous Seasons Recap
Avatar was initially considered as a mini television series by Nickelodeon but after looking at the fame and success of the first season, the makers expanded it to four seasons.
The first season is named ‘Air’ and has twelve episodes. The first season is mainly set in Republic City. It introduced us to the characters and their qualities. Korra was the new Avatar who could bend all the four elements. She was supposed to maintain peace and balance in the world. Korra was seen learning airbending from Tenzin, who was the master of the arts of airbending and was the son of Avatar Aang. She befriended Bolin, Mako and Asami Sato during her training. Korra fought Amon in the first season. Amon striped benders of their abilities. Amon was later discovered as the brother of a politician.
The second season of this fictional show was named ‘Spirits’. Season two of this series explored a new world of spirits. Korra’s Uncle, Unalaq was also introduced in this season. Korra discovered the first avatar, Wan who derived the powers from spirits to become a dark avatar. Inspired by him, Korra opened the portals between the material world and spirit world. She allowed the co-existence of spirits and humans.
The last two seasons of this show named ‘Change’ and ‘Balance’ respectively, focused on the individual characters. It showcased to us the pure art of bending. Meanwhile, it also depicted the recovery of Korra from mental and physical trauma. It explored a new relationship between Kora and Asami. The show ended on a high note and left the viewers crazy for the release of The Legend of Korra Season 5.
The Legend of Korra Season 5 Plot Speculation
As of now, there is no official synopsis or information that could give us a brief about the storyline of The Legend of Korra Season 5. We can assume that it will surely be based on the three novels by Michael DiMartino which concluded the story of Avatar: The Legend of Korras.
We can predict that the storyline of The Legend of Korra Season 5 could focus on the new powers of Korra. She could be seen fighting a new battle with her Team Avatar.
The Legend of Korra Season 5 Trailer
There is no official announcement regarding the trailer release of The Legend of Korra Season 5. Without any precise detail, we cannot predict the release date of The Legend of Korra Season 5 Trailer. Till then, we can only hope for the next season’s trailer to release soon.
Where to watch The Legend of Korra Season 5?
You can re-watch the previous seasons of The Legend of Korra Season 5 until the new season is released. The series is available to stream on Netflix, Paramount +, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu and Apple TV+. Some of these streaming platforms require purchase options.
Also read Summertime Season 4 and Trying Season 3