Them is an American horror drama anthology series created by Little Marvin and produced by Michael Nelson and Dominic Orlando. The first season of Them was released in April 2021. The first season of this horror drama didn’t get a positive reception from the audience as well as critics. However, the show managed to cater for some fans who are eagerly anticipating the release of Them Season 2.
The story of Them is based on a black family who migrated from North Carolina to Los Angeles during the Second Great Migration in 1953. Their new residence is situated in an all-white neighbourhood. It showed the hardships of the family to adapt themselves to the new locality. Their house was an epicentre of unknown evil forces who threatened to haunt, ravage and destroy them. If you’re looking for a drama with a tinge of horror then this show might be the right one for you.
The first season of Them had only ten episodes with an average runtime of around forty to fifty minutes. Them has an IMDb score of 7.3 / 10 and a Rotten Tomatoes reception of just 59%. Fans of this show have been waiting for Them Season 2 since the release of the first season. This article will cover every detail and information you might want to know regarding the release of Them Season 2.
Them Season 2 Plot Speculation
The first season of Them revolved around Emory Family. The hardships they faced after shifting to an all-white locality. The storyline of Them was written with a horror tinge. Although the horror is not that terrifying but it did the job.
The Emory Family faced supernatural events occurring around them. The whole storyline of the first season was based on solving the mystery behind the horrors around the house of the Emory family.
There is no official synopsis or brief which could give us a sneak peek into the storyline of Them Season 2. We can still speculate it based on the first season. We assume that Them Season 2 will continue from where it left in the first season. There were some rumours that the next season might take a completely new story but that’s unlikely.
We suspect that Them Season 2 will also centre its story around the Emory Family. We cannot predict whether Them Season 2 will retain the genre of horror or not. Without any official data, it would be irrational to predict a plot for Them Season 2.
Them Season 2 Cast and Characters
The official cast for Them Season 2 is yet not revealed. We hope that the new season might retain most of its characters from the previous season. The characters who we suppose to mark their return in Them Season 2 are –
- Deborah Ayorinde as Livia “Lucky” Emory. Deborah took up the role of Livia in this anthology series. She was a former teacher and was determined on raising her two daughters. Following the transition of her family to a new area, she tried her very best to make them adapt to the new locality. But, the horror events revolving around her house haunted her and her family.
- Ashley Thomas as Henry Emory. Henry Emory was the father and male supreme of the family. He worked as an engineer at a company and was the first black person to be hired as an engineer at that company. He was also a veteran of World War II.
- Shahadi Wright Joseph as Ruby Emory. Shahadi portrayed the character of the eldest daughter in the family, Ruby Emory. She was a teenager and recently transferred herself into a white school in her new neighbourhood. Her character was seen struggling in an all-white high school.
- Melody Hurd as Gracie Emory. Gracie was the youngest in the Emory family. She had just started kindergarten and was a very delicate kid. Gracie was the first to be haunted by the malevolent forces surrounding the house.
- Alison Pill as Betty Wendell. Betty was a resident in the new neighbourhood of the Emory family. Throughout the series, she was seen determined to take the black family out of an all-white neighbourhood. Her character was a bit complicated in this horror drama.
- Liam McIntyre as Clarke Wendell. Clarke was the husband of Betty Wendell.Derek Phillips as Sgt. Bull Wheatley. The police officer is concerned with the case of intensifying horror around the house of the Emory family.
- Paula Jai Parker as Hazel. Hazel was the cousin of Henry Emory.
- Christopher Heyerdahl as The Black Hat Man
Some new faces might also be introduced in Them Season 2. Unfortunately, we don’t have any kind of information regarding those characters. We will update you once we are certain.
Them Season 2 Release Date
The release date of Them Season 2 is yet not confirmed. The makers have stated that Amazon Prime Video has cancelled this horror drama for any upcoming season. It might be due to the low reception from the critics. It’s unlikely that this series will return with Them Season 2.
Without any official announcement, we cannot state a release date for Them Season 2. As of now, the show stands cancelled. We will update you if there is a change in the future of Them Season 2.
Them Season 2 Trailer
Them Season 2 is not likely to be renewed this year. And even if it is renewed, it has to go under production, scripting, casting and filming before we could see the trailer. There is still plenty of time left for the trailer release of Them Season 2. Meanwhile, you can watch the trailer of Them Season One and can predict a plot for the upcoming season of this horror drama.
Where to Watch Them Season 2?
Them Season 1 was officially premiered on Amazon Prime Video. As of now, the show is cancelled by the makers and if it is renewed then we suspect that Them Season 2 will also mark its release on Amazon Prime Video only.
Must read Is Them Based On A True Story and Limitless Season 2