Truth Be Told is an American drama television series based on the novel Are You Sleeping by Katleen Barber. The first season of Truth Be Told premiered in December 2019. Apple TV+ produced this drama. This series was created by Nichelle Tramble Spellman. He was also the executive producer and writer for this show. There has been a total of two seasons till now and it is renewed for Truth Be Told Season 3.
Truth Be Told brought us the innocent faces who were framed for a crime they did not commit. The main theme of the story is that truth shall always prevail. Truth Be told has shown us this theme through the perspective of a detective. It depicted us the line between guilt and innocence.
Truth Be Told Season 1 was released in December 2019 and Season 2 was premiered in August 2021. The makers have renewed this series in December 2021 for Truth Be Told Season 3. This article will cover every detail you need to know about Truth Be Told Season 3.
Truth Be Told Season 3 Release Date
Truth Be Told Season 3 was renewed by the makers in December 2021. Apple TV+ has not officially announced the release date of Truth Be Told Season 3.
We don’t have any precise detail about when the next season of this American TV Drama will release but we can expect it to release in the second half of 2022. Till then we can only hope for the makers to drop the release date of Truth Be Told Season 3 soon.
Truth Be Told Season 3 Cast and Characters
It is obvious that Truth Be Told Season 3 will retain some of its characters and cast from the previous season. We don’t have any information about the new faces in the next season. The existing cast and characters include –
- Octavia Spencer as Poppy Parnell. Poppy Parnell is an investigative reporter who also hosts a true crime podcast. Poppy was called in to investigate the case of a convicted killer Warren Cave. He was accused as the murderer of the father of identical twin daughters Josie and Lanie.
- Aaron Paul as Warren Cave. He was accused as the murderer of a person. Poppy Parnell was supposed to investigate his case. Cave claimed that he was framed for a crime he did not commit. It’s all on Poppy whether she will find him innocent or guilty after her investigation.
- Lizzy Caplan as Josie Buhrman and Lanie Buhrman. Josie and Lanie are identical twin sisters. Their father was murdered and the allegation was put on Warren Cave.
- Elizabeth Perkins as Melanie Cave. Melanie was Warren’s mother.
- Michael Beach as Ingram Rhoades. Ingram was Poppy’s husband.
- Mekhi Phiffer as Markus Killebrew. Marker was a former detective and an old friend of Poppy Parnell.
- Tracie Thoms as Desiree Scoville. Poppy’s younger sister.
- Haneefah Wood as Cydie Scoville. Cydie was Poppy’s youngest sister.
- Ron Cephas Jones as Leander “Shreve” Scoville. Leander was the father of Poppy, Desiree and Cydie.
- Kate Hudson as Micah Keith. Micah Keith was a famous writer and a childhood friend of Poppy.
- David Lyons as Inspector Aames. Aames was the inspector assigned to investigate the case of Micah Keith’s husband’s death.
- Katherine LaNasa as Noa Havilland. Noa was the producer of Poppy’s podcast.
- Tami Roman as Lillian Scoville. Lillian Scoville was Poppy’s stepmother and second wife of Leander Scoville.
- Nic Bishop as Chuck Buhrman. Chuck was the father of Josie and Lonie. Warren Cave was accused of Chuck’s murder.
- Annabella Sciorra as Erin Buhrman. Josie and Lanie’s mother.
- Brett Cullen as Owen Cave. Owen Cave was the father of Warren.
These are just predictions, few of these characters may or may not return to Truth Be Told Season 3.
Truth Be Told Season 3 Plot Speculation
Truth Be Told revolves around Poppy Parnell. She took a long break from her detective career and started hosting a podcast about true crimes. The story is centred on her character about how she proves the accused guilty or innocent. The show has purely depicted the line between guilt and innocence.
In the first season, she was investigating the case of Warren Cave. Warren was framed for a crime he did not commit. He was accused of the murder of the father of identical twin sisters, Josie and Lanie. He was sentenced to prison and he confessed to Poppy that he was being framed he didn’t kill Chuck Buhrman.
The show illustrated to us how Poppy used the minute details of the case to prove the innocence of Warren Cave and justified the title of the series, Truth Be Told.
In Season 2, Poppy Parnell was put forth with a new case. Poppy’s childhood friend, Micah Keith’s husband was found dead. Poppy was supposed to investigate the case of Micah’s husband and find the reason behind his death.
Poppy always finds herself in the dilemma that if the accused is innocent then who is the real killer and why did he frame the innocent.
We can speculate that the new season of this American TV Drama will explore a new case that Poppy might solve. Maybe this time it could be more complicated with twists and turns.
Truth Be Told Season 3 Trailer
There is no official information regarding the trailer release of Truth Be Told Season 3. We might see the trailer once the scripting, production, casting and filming are done. Till then we can only hope for Truth Be Told Season 3 trailer to release soon.
Meanwhile, you can re-watch the trailer of Truth Be Told Season 2.
Where to watch Truth Be Told Season 3?
There has a total of 18 episodes in the two seasons of this thriller drama. Both the seasons were produced by and released on Apple TV+. We can anticipate that the Truth Be Told Season 3 will also be exclusively premiered on Apple TV+. If you want to re-watch the previous season of this American thriller drama series then you can stream it only on Apple TV+.
Also, read Who Killed Sara and Irma Vep