An upcoming HBO released American web series directed by Reinaldo Marcus Green titled We Own Thi CIty is based on a nonfiction book by Baltimore Sun which has the same name as Justin Fenton reporter. The Six hours series is produced by George Pelecanos and David Simon. This criminal drama mini-series is about the corruption which has surrounded the city. The whole narrative of the series is about the rising and fall of the Baltimore Police Gun Department.
We Own This City Storyline
This show is all about the corruption surrounding the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task Force and tells the story of its rise and fall. The story will also be about the drug prohibition in the cities of America and the mass arrest by the BPD GTTF(Gun Trace Task Force). The violence between the civil and police department and the desperate department unable to handle the situation makes them realize the crime surrounding them and the amount of corruption that has held in them.
We Own This City chronicles the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task Force (GTTF) and the corruption perfusing an American city where policies of drug prohibition and mass arrest dominated over actual police work.
We Own This City Cast
As far as we know the mini-series has a great cast and visiting stars coming up in series. The main cast includes a long list of different actors and actresses playing a vivid role;
- Jon Bernthal – Sgt. Wayne Jenkins, a star figure in the Baltimore Police Department’s (BPD) Gun Trace Task Force (GTTF)
- Wunmi Mosaku Nicole Steele, an attorney assigned to the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice,
- Jamie Hector -Sean M. Suiter, a BPD homicide detective caught up in the GTTF case, Mckinley Belcher III- Momodu “G Money” Gondo, a BPD veteran and member of the GTTF, Darrell Britt-Gibson – Jemell Rayam, a BPD officer involved in the GTTF, Josh Charles – Daniel Hersl, a BPD officer involved in the GTTF,
- Dagmara Dominczyk – Erika Jensen, an FBI agent who investigated the GTTF,
- Rob Brown – Maurice Ward, an officer involved in the GTTF,
- Don Harvey John Sieracki, a BPD officer assigned to the public corruption task force who aided the FBI,
- David Corenswet – David McDougall, a veteran investigator with the Harford County Narcotics Task Force,
- Larry Mitchell -Scott Kilpatrick, a veteran investigator with the Baltimore County Police Narcotics Unit,
- Ian Duff – Ahmed Jackson, a former Justice Department trial attorney who is now working for the Civil Rights Office,
- Delaney Williams – Kevin Davis, the Baltimore Police Departments Police COmmissioner, Lucas Van Engen – Leo Wise, the lead federal prosecutor assigned to the GTTF case.
- With a recurring cast of; Treat William as Brian Grabler, Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Smith, In addition, Tray Chaney, Domenick Lombardozzi, Thaddeus Stree, Jermaine Crawford, Nathan E Corbett, Chris Clanton.
- In the miniseries Trea Williams will be playing the role of Brian Grabler, a retired Baltimore detective now a teacher at the police academy.
- Gabrielle Careris is Andrea Smith, the head of the Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (CDETF).
- Tray Chaney as Gordon Hawk, a recent addition to the Harford country Narcotics Task Force.
- Lombardozzi as Stephen Brady, the president of The Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police. Thaddeus Street as James Otis, and many more.
- All of the recurring guests will be appearing in the different episodes of the miniseries We Own This City. The Audience is enthralled with the cast of this miniseries.
We Own This City Release Date and Time
The original air date of release of Part one ‘We Own This City’ is April 25, 2022, followed by the Second Part on May 2, 2022. The Crime drama miniseries will release its sixth and final episode on May 30, 2022. The show will be initially released for the US-based Audience on HBO and HBO Max.
We Own This City Plot
The plot of this mini-series We Own This City is based on true events and taken from Justin Fenton’s non-fiction book of the same name, “We Own This City” which is portrayed by “The Wire” creator David Simon and George Pelecanos.
The limited series, directed by “King Richard” filmmaker Reinaldo Marcus Green, premieres on April 25, on HBO. “We Own This City” chronicles the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task Force (GTTF), where corruption between the policies of drug prohibition and celebrated mass arrests in lieu of detective work.
The Baltimore Police Department scuffles to respond to crime with the significant police work in the 2000s, giving itself over to mass arrest and drug warring instead. “We Own This City” shows how the department’s hopeless dependence on statistics over substances chronically led to the inability of department officials to supervise the Gun Trace Task Force and the further inability of the department to the apostle of reprobated police.
We Own This City Trailer
HBO has given the audience We Own This City’s first teaser a month ago whereas HBO has also released the official trailer on 12th April 2022. The viewers can watch this official trailer on the HBO youtube site and official page. The trailer has Sgt. Wayne Jenkins (Jon Bernthal) in the leading role at GTTF (Gun Trace Task Force) in BPD (Baltimore Police Department). The crime and drama in the miniseries between the BPD and Civil are highlighted in the trailer of We Own This City.
Where to watch We Own This City?
The miniseries full of drama and crime the ‘We Own This City’ directed by Reinaldo Marcus Green and produced by George Pelecanos and David Simon is set to stream on HBO and HBO max on the 25th of April 2022. The miniseries is based on the Baltimore The sun by Justin Fenton. Catch them all in action with the trailer, below, and stay updated for more on the upcoming series similar to the We Own This City‘s premiere nears at HBO and HBO Max.