To answer the question, Where Is Creed Filmed, keep reading. Creed is a sports drama movie and the sequel to Rocky Balboa (2006) written and directed by, also starring Sylvester Stallone. It is the seventh film in the Rocky franchise and a spin-off to the series.
The movie was directed by Ryan Coogler and had a budget of $35 million It grossed about $173.6 million at the box office. The movie’s star cast and crew won various accolades like the award for Best Director, Best Supporting Actress, Breakout Performance, and Top Ten Films at the Africa-American Film Critics Association. They also won various awards from the Austin Film Critics Association, Boston Online Film Critics Association, Critics’ Choice Award, Golden Globe Awards, and many more.
The movie follows the story of Adonis Johnson, son of Apollo Creed, a former heavyweight champion. He decides to become an amateur boxer but loses his earliest bouts upon which he contacts his father’s old friend, Rocky Balboa, another former heavyweight champion, and calls upon him for training. Rocky, at first hesitant, agrees to train Adonis in order to accomplish his dreams of becoming a heavyweight champion like his father and trainer.
- Adonis ‘Donnie’ Creed – Michael B. Jordan
- Rocky Balboa – Sylvester Stallone
- Bianca – Tessa Thompson (Adonis’ love interest in the movie)
- Mary Anne Creed – Phylicia Rashad (Adonis’ stepmother)
Where Is Creed Filmed?
Principal photography or the phase of filmmaking when the majority of the movie is shot, started in January 2015 at Goodison Park. The climactic fight between Adonis and Conlan is also filmed at the same location. Some parts of the movie were also filmed in Philadelphia where an empty store was made into a boxing gym for the training scenes in the movie. The “Adrian Restaurant’ scene was filmed at the Victor Cafe in Philadelphia. The rest of the movie was filmed in Sun Centre Studios in Aston Township, Pennsylvania.
Rocky Franchise In Order
- Rocky (1976) – Starring Sylvester Stallone (Rocky), and Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed). Directed by John Avildsen
- Rocky II (1979) – Directed by Sylvester Stallone
- Rocky III (1982) – Directed by Sylvester Stallone
- Rocky IV (1985) – Directed by Sylvester Stallone
- Rocky V (1990) – Directed by John Avildsen
- Rocky Balboa (2006) – Directed by Sylvester Stallone
- Creed (2015) – Directed by Ryan Coogler
- Creed II (2018) – Directed by Steven Caple Jr.
- Creed III (to release in November 2022) –
Along with the third Creed film, Sylvester Stallone is also planning to film a TV series in the Rocky franchise. The show would act as a prequel to the entire movie series. It’s supposed to be set a decade before the first Rocky film to show the story of the main character’s struggling youth. But Sylvester Stallone confesses that the show may not happen.
Creed: Rise to Glory is a boxing video game inspired by the franchise and released in 2018. It makes use of virtual reality and lets players fight against other random players or their friends.
Where To Watch Creed?
Follow Cinesays for more updates