Yona of The Dawn Season 2 (Japanese: Akatsuki no Yona) is a Japanese Television series, which falls under the category of anime. Yona of the dawn has been adapted from the manga series ‘Akatsuki no Yona’ written and illustrated by Mizuho Kusanagi. The series is produced by Pierrot and successfully directed by Kazuhiro Yoneda. The first season comprises 24 episodes.
Yona of The Dawn Season 2 series came out on Television in 2014 and was well received by fans and anime lovers. The series has been licensed by Funimation and is available on streaming platforms in sub/dub versions, with an overall rating of 8 on 10 from IMDB.
Yona of The Dawn Season 2 series deals with the portrayal of the life of a princess inside the walls of a castle in the initial episodes. It deals with her deep understanding of love and compassion as well as her intense desire to live freely and be with the person whom she has loved throughout her life. The situation however changes when Yona discovers the person who was the real threat to the kingdom.
Since, the release of the first season, the fans have been eagerly waiting for an exciting season 2
Yona of The Dawn Season 2 Storyline
The story of Princess Yona initially describes her struggle to find freedom within the four walls of the kingdom. In a monologue, she describes how she feels when she is not allowed to marry the person she loves just because of her father’s decision. However, her secret crush, Soo-won later kills the King. Soo-won becomes the king. Yona leaves the kingdom with Son-Hak, a brave warrior in search of the four dragons to regain the reign over Kouka
Yona of The Dawn Season 2 Cast
The release date for Yona of The Dawn Season 2 is yet to be declared by the production house. So we don’t have much information about the cast for season 2 of the series. But we can expect the cast to remain somewhat the same as Season 1 of the series (although King ll is dead). Here is a list of all the essential characters who appeared in season 1 of the series.
- Saito Chiwa as Yona: Yona is the central character of this anime series. She is the only daughter of King Il. She has no idea about the outer world as she has never been allowed to go out of the four walls of her kingdom. Her father always fears about an external attack on Princess Yona and therefore overprotects her. Yona secretly loves Soo-Won, who later kills her father and she couldn’t withstand this. Initially, Yona does not realize how Son-Hak cared for her protection and the safety of the kingdom, but later she finds Hak to be very impressive.
- Tomoaki Maeno as Son-Hak: Hak is blessed with unimaginable fighting skills since his teenage. He used to be Yona’s best friend and always protected her from all sorts of danger. After Yona grew feelings towards Soo-won, Hak repressed his feelings as Yona’s happiness only mattered to him. He is a loyal subject to the king and he has vowed to protect the kingdom with his life.
- Junko Minagawa as Yoon: Yoon was an orphan who was brought up by a priest named Ik-soo. He despised Yona for being an uneducated princess, but after seeing her strength and resolve to learn for herself, he subsequently expressed regret. The fact that Ik-soo had been expelled from the kingdom by Soo-father, won’s as well as his difficult upbringing, were the causes of his original animosity toward aristocrats. He had always wanted to learn more about the world and medicine, but he had never actually done it since he did not want to leave Ik-soo.
- Yusuke Kobayashi as Soo-wan: Yona had always loved Soo-won since her childhood. Soo-won is the son of King ll’s elder brother, Yu-Hon. He kills King ll to avenge his father’s death in hands of King ll. Soo-won becomes the king of Kouka and rules the kingdom efficiently. He has always regarded Yona and Hak to be his well-wishers.
- Masakazu Morita as Kija: Kija is a dragon. He is the inheritor of the White Dragon’s claws.
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Shin-ah: Shin is also a dragon and an inheritor of the Blue Dragon’s eyes.
- Junichi Suwabe as Jae-ha: Jae-ha is the third dragon and an inheritor of the Green Dragon’s right leg.
- Hiro Shimono as Zeno: Zeno is also known by the name of Yellow Dragon Warrior. The objective of the four dragons was to protect Princess Yona from all dangers.
- King ll: An overprotective father who provided all sorts of comfort, for the happiness of his daughter, Yona. Though he never allowed Yona to leave the four walls of the kingdom as he feared external threats over the Kouka dynasty. He was killed by Soo-won.
Yona of The Dawn Season 2 Plot
The protagonist of Yona of The Dawn is the lone princess of Kouka and the offspring of King II, a pacifist. The son of her father’s brother and the man she has been crushing on since childhood, Su-Won, is now forbidden from marrying her. She is unaware that Su-won will soon lead a bloody political uprising in her kingdom.
She discovered the dishonest truth about the kingdom she genuinely believed was thriving, which prompted her to flee with her buddy Son Hak. To retake her father’s kingdom, she then embarks on a search for the fabled Four Dragon Warriors. It also gives her new adventures that include pirates, human trafficking, and other things.
Dawn also symbolically means the beginning of a day. So the title might suggest the beginning of a new day or the start of a new period in the lives of people living in Kouka.
Yona of The Dawn Season 2 Release Date
The first season of Yona of the Dawn came out in 2014. Since the release of the first season, fans were eagerly waiting to know what happens to Yona, Hak, and Soo-won. However, the production house has not confirmed the date of release of the second season of the series.
Where To Watch Yona of The Dawn Season 2?
Yona of the Dawn season 2 is available in Sub/Dub version on Funimation.